Thursday 25 September 2014

Trip to Paignton Zoo



Earlier this week, I went to Paignton Zoo with my sister and my niece.
It's a place that has always been in my life since I can remember. When I was younger I use to be a member of the Gibbon Club. We would meet up one Saturday a month and do loads of activities to do with the animals and learn about the wildlife. I would also go to the Summer School which is now called Wild Weeks. This was an amazing week and was my favourite. I would recommend it to any child that loves animals and loves the zoo. We would go behind the scenes and feed the elephants, giraffes and tortoises, we made paper mache balls full of food for the baboons (they loved those), learnt loads of information about animals all over the world and collected peacock feathers, I use to love taking them home to my Nana. It was an inspiring and enlightening time.
Since then, the zoo has added new exhibits and attractions and is still one of my favourite places to go. I had a great time with my sister and niece, we managed to get round most of the zoo (it's quite big!) and had a little play in the parks which was fun.
The newest exhibit is the 'Investigating Invertebrates' house. It's really interesting, there are spiders, stick insects, scorpions, and cockroaches (which creep me out!). They also have an ant nest which is connected to their food source (leaves) by tubes that run over the room so you can see them work.
There are so many different animals and they all have spacious exhibits, definitely a full day out if you want to visit everything. At the moment there are quite a few baby animals, like baby meerkats, baby orang-utans and baby giraffes. All very cute!
Can't wait to go back again.
Hope you enjoy the photos =)


No comments:

Post a Comment