Monday 22 September 2014

First day of Diet and Recipe for Butternut Squash and Sweet Pepper Soup


So I have managed to stick to my diet today =)





For breakfast I had a mushroom and pea omelette, it was yummy but I do miss cheese!









For lunch I had noodles with mushrooms and peas, and for dinner I had the butternut squash and sweet pepper soup that I made from my friend's recipe.


I have a soupmaker so it was really easy to make.

You will need:
1 butternut squash
Two sweet peppers
One onion
500ml vegetable stock
Garlic
Salt 
Pepper
150ml creme fraiche

Seed and dice the vegetables
Add to the soupmaker along with vegetable stock and seasoning
Set to blend
When done, add creme fraiche and check the seasoning and blend in
Enjoy =)




For my snack I tried a few different flavours of Philadelphia on crispbreads with a slice of ham on top. Sweet chilli was my favourite, not a fan of the chives one, and I think the garlic and herbs flavour would be best in a pasta dish.





I'm still craving things; kebabs, chocolate, sweets, chips, crisps. But I'm keeping myself busy to distract myself from wanting to eat, they say it takes three weeks to get rid of cravings, let's see if that's true.
This truly is a mental battle, I want to eat what I want, and what I think tastes good, but I want to be healthier, I want to look better and I want to feel more confident in myself. I just have to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this, it's so easy to get distracts but I'm fed up of looking awful in my holiday photos and not feeling good about me.
I can win this.

No comments:

Post a Comment