Friday 12 September 2014

Meet the Dogs in my Life




I have two dogs in my life, the one on the left is Jax, who is ours, and the one on the right is Frodo, my Uncle's dog.






They get on really well, Jax loves jumping up and biting Frodo's whiskers.












Jax is a miniature Jack Russell, he was five years old in August. 
A lot of Jack Russells have a reputation of being aggressive and snappy. Jax is the complete opposite, he is friendly and excitable and loves sitting on your lap, he does yap a bit though. 
His one fault is his lack of sharing. Once he has his ball, it's his, he loves it being thrown for him, but you have to snatch it off him quick when he finally puts it down. I think that's his favourite game really.





He does love his walks though, he always stays by our side and gets impatient when we're not throwing his ball even though it's him that's not letting us have it! 

He also loves sleeping in our bed, though usually he sleeps horizontally which doesn't leave a lot of room for us!






Frodo is much more casual and dopey, but loveable and very sociable. He wants to see everyone and be in the centre of everything, which is when we have to keep an eye out for his tail which has knocked over more than one glass when he gets excited.

The bed in the photo is actually Jax's, I did mention he was dopey, right?



Frodo is now ten, I had been begging my family for years to get a dog when my Auntie surprised my Uncle with Frodo. I love him so much and pretty much act like he's my own dog. We share the same birthday so I call him my soul-dog.

He always bounds up to see me and gives me a hug when I see him. Unfortunately, I do get allergic to Frodo, he can set my sneezing off and I get a little bit of a rash but it doesn't stop me from seeing him or loving him, an antihistamine always does the trick.

Frodo loves going for walks too, except he'll happily go off and explore, especially if there's water! 

He will also drop the ball and let you throw it. He's a lot faster than Jax so it's always easier when Frodo gets to it first.


 

 It may sound like I give a lot of attention to Frodo, but don't worry, Jax loves my partner a lot more than me so he gets lots of attention from him.
Jax will follow Gary everywhere and even looks for him and ignores me if I come home without him!







This is the walk we went to yesterday at Goodrington Sands beach. 
It's a great place to walk the dogs. 
Even though we can only use half the beach due to it being summer, there's more than enough space. 
They both love the beach, there's loads of space to throw the ball (when we get it!) and for them to run around and explore. 

 
Jax is getting more confident about going in the water but he still doesn't like big waves, he runs away from those. It's all in the video below, bless him. And sorry about the noise, it was very windy!











1 comment:

  1. Awww they are both lovely :) Frodo is just like my mums dog Buddy. x

    Chloe @ www.bethbear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete