Monday 22 September 2014

The Beginning of my Mental Battle with Losing Weight


So I have had my last day of eating what I want and today (as it is now past midnight) I am starting my new diet.
I have a personal trainer at my gym who has been helping me since April but unfortunately I have been very stubborn and unmotivated to lose weight. That changes tomorrow! My last diet was very strict and wasn't very excited, I can get bored of the same food quite easily and that was what happened. I ended up completing "falling off the bandwagon", as my family put it, and have been unable to shift any more weight off. I find losing weight and changing your lifestyle a mental challenge rather than a physical one, I have no problem working out, going running, swimming, etc, it's the get up and go vibe that I struggle with.

My new diet is a little bit more exciting, and involves foods I enjoy and like to make. 
So, for breakfast I am going to be having three eggs made however I like, so an omelette, poached eggs, boiled, scrambled (but not fried, not very healthy), or some natural greek yoghurt.
For lunch I get to have noodles, I'm a bit of a fussy eater so I don't like too many vegetables but I'm hoping to gradually introduce them in my noodle meals. Chicken is the main protein I eat, and I love mushrooms so have those in most of my meals.
My next meal, the 'snack' meal, as I have gone off protein shakes, I'll be having two ryvitas or crispbreads, with any kind of philadelphia with a slice of meat on top. Can't wait to try out the different flavours of philadelphia!
Then for dinner I get to have soup. I've recently brought a soupmaker which I love, best thing ever, so I've got a bit obsessed with making soup. I would have just lived off soup if I could but my trainer disapproved. I'll be putting up some of my favourite recipes as I go along for you to have a try.

So as I mentioned, my other struggle is doing exercise. I love it when I'm doing it, but I find it really hard to get dressed and go. I really want to find my motivation and passion for exercise again and I'm determined to do it this time.
If you have any tips or words of encouragement, I'd love to hear them in the comments.

So I shall let you know how my first day goes, I've already made plans to go to the gym, and I have my meals all ready to be made, all it's waiting for is me. It's going to be a brand new day when I wake up and I'm going to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment