Tuesday 9 September 2014

A Tour of Living Coasts



Gary and I went to Living Coasts today, we have a years pass to there, Paignton Zoo and Newquay Zoo.
It's a lovely little zoo and aquarium, lots of different species of animals and plants with many interactive areas for both adults and children.
My favourite part has to be the seals, especially now they have a new pup who is splashing around quite happily with her penguin toy (see pictures below). 
Gary really likes the penguins and they have chicks out too (see pictures below). Some of the Macaroni penguins are moulting which makes them look like they have big fur coats on (see pictures below), I think it makes them look like divas!

It's also great to see such a variety of animals, they have rays, seahorses, an octopus and they have a competition on at the moment for the public to choose what goes in a new exhibit. I voted for them to get a nautilus, I think they are fascinating creatures. Known as 'living fossils', their shells have a beautiful pattern and they simply look like they're from another world. It truly is fascinating what is on our Earth.



There is always something new when we visit, and with our pass we do go quite often. As we walked around they had a lot of displays on recycling and how our rubbish can damage the wildlife. This is something I am really concious of, I always make sure my rubbish goes in the bin and have been quite annoyed with my friends when they carelessly throw their litter on the ground. I once got incredibly wound up when one friend physically stopped me from picking his rubbish up and said it was his right to contribute to the work of a waste collector. I sometimes cannot believe the nonsense some people say.


No comments:

Post a Comment