Saturday 6 September 2014

Revitalised and Refreshed


Today I went to Renaissance Salon for a few treatments with some friends. It is my best friends' birthday next weekend, and as she will be busy with her family then, we're having a girly day and night a week early.

It is quite a climb to the salon if you enter through the entrance opposite Argos in Torquay town centre, but I am used to walking up four flights of stairs at my partners' so it didn't really bother me. Though we did find it funny that there was an entrance on Castle Street we could have used instead.

There were five of us that booked treatments, ranging from manicures to massages. We were in there for a good couple of hours while we waited for each other to have our treatments, but we were offered refreshments and there were magazines laid out.

I treated myself to a facial with mask and an eyelash tint.
The facial was really relaxing and I was really impressed with the beautician who immediately picked up on my sensitive skin and applied the appropriate products for me to fully benefit from the treatment. The face mask was gentle on my skin and made from natural products that wouldn't irritate. The beautician talked me through what she was doing, the right way to apply the products and the ways people can use them incorrectly. I found all of this information extremely helpful, especially knowing that to get maximum benefits from face masks, they only need to be put on for a couple of minutes. She even gave me tips on strengthening my nails by rubbing in a cuticle cream on the skin below the nail as that is where the nail starts to grow from. Afterwards my face felt light, refreshed and soft, and I felt as relaxed as if I'd had a massage. It's actually amazing how much my face has cleared up, my forehead is clear of blocked pores and looks smoother, I just look and feel better. Very impressed!

The eyelash tint was quick and easy, again she explained the process and why I shouldn't open my eyes throughout the application (to keep the tint from going into the eye which will sting...a lot!). My eyelashes now have a darker tint to them, and as I don't wear much make-up, I think this is great as it will emphasise my eyes more just like mascara does. 



The best part of the salon had to be the price though, 50% off! Absolute bargain, £15.50 in total. My friends had manicures, massages and spray tans and were all really happy with the results and definitely the price. We were all given a loyalty card as well for future treatments, when you get enough stamps you get a selected free treatment. I was going to have a massage as well but by the time it took to be my time we were all pretty hungry so we decided to go for lunch. I'm going back next week with my sister to get a massage, don't want to miss out just because I was hungry.
I would recommend this place without a doubt, I felt really comfortable in the salon, the beautician was chatty and friendly and knew what she was doing. With the half price offer on this month (September '14), I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you had a lovely day. What a lovely and informative review. #sundaybest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely. I'd love to get my nails done but I just haven't had the time! I've had my eye lashes tinted a few times though and love it. I have blonde eye lashes so its nice not having to mess around with mascara all every morning.

    thanks for linking up to #sundaybest

    ReplyDelete