Tuesday 14 October 2014

Le Bistrot Pierre


Gary and I went to a new restaurant in Torquay, Le Bistrot Pierre, a French-style bistro.
It's a lovely two-floor restaurant located on the sea front of Torre Abbey decorated as a French bistro with lots of vintage-styled wooden furniture and a fully stocked high bar.

The food is amazing!
They have different menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner with lots of intriguing, tasty food. We went for dinner, and we'll definitely be going again.
I had the Saucisse de Toulouse for starter, a poached egg on slices of Toulouse sausage with a warm tomato dressing, was delicious. Gary had the Moules au Roquefort, mussels in a Roquefort sauce, he said they're the best mussels in Torquay, he was very impressed.
For main I had Gratin de Pates et Fromage, a macaroni and cauliflower cheese gratin, it was gorgeous! You can choose a side from skinny fries, salad or potatoes and vegetables. Gary had the Cassoulet d'agneau, lamb with a 'cassoulet' of bacon, beans and tomatoes, which he loved as well. We tried a bit of each others, all the flavours were rich and moorish, haven't had great food like this in a while.
We shared a Macaron for dessert as we were both a bit full. The macaroon and ice cream were nice, but I'm not a fan of fruit compotes, so I found that a bit too rich with the dessert. I really want to try the creme brulee next time.
We both can't wait to go again, we want to share the camembert, and I want to try the St Marcellin cheese and the mushroom brioche and the mini chorizos roasted in honey, and then mains I want to try chicken dish, and the pork, and the burger, oh I really can't wait to go back! Especially when they've given us a loyalty card where you collect stamps to get a free two course meal!

They also do 'Dine with Wine' and 'Soiree Gastronomique' evenings, where they have a set menu for a set price. We have one booked for next month, really can't wait, it's gonna be yummy.
I'm also trying to convince work about having our Christmas meal here, I've not really given them much choice about it though as I've only brought in the one menu! It's definitely worth coming here though!

No comments:

Post a Comment